Pupil Premium Provision
The Pupil Premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England. It is designed to help disadvantaged pupils of all abilities perform better, and close the gap between them and their peers. Pupil Premium pupils are monitored closely and we utilise the funding to ensure high quality provision to suit individual requirements.
For the academic year 2018-19 Saltwood School received £23,665 in pupil premium funding. This was used as follows:
- Focused teaching assistant support in class
- Intervention programmes for underachieving pupils in order to reach their potential
- Identification of barriers to learning through pupil mentoring and implementation of support strategies
- Welfare support, for example through social skills groups and counselling
- Providing funding for extracurricular activities that will support well-being and development of learning, including school trips, Kent Music School lessons, swimming and sports clubs.
This provision helped the children achieve the following outcomes by the end of July 2019:
For the academic year 2019-20 Saltwood School has received (for the period 1.9.19-31.3.20) £10,955 in Pupil Premium funding. The range of provision this year will include the following:
- Gaps are identified and targeted teaching / interventions teach to gaps (including 1-1 sessions with teaching assistant)
- Identification of barriers and implementation of support strategies through 1-1 mentoring with deputy head teacher
- Welfare support, for example through nurture with specialist teaching assistant, social skills groups and counselling
Click HERE to see our Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2019-20 (strategy review date April 2020)
If you think your child may qualify for Free School Meals or be eligible for Pupil Premium Funding parents / carers can apply online:
Please contact the Deputy Headteacher with any queries or for assistance in applying