We are a Church School, affiliated to St Peter and St Paul, Saltwood
The school, although a maintained school, has a Church of England “aided” status. This means that the Church nominates the majority of Governors. We consider it reasonable to assume that parents who send their children here are sympathetic to the Christian character of the school. We regularly attend our church for worship. The Governors are responsible for the running of the school and regularly meet to discuss the development of the school. The school retains strong links with the Kent County Council but is directed by the Canterbury Diocesan Board of Education.
Our roots are firmly planted in the Church of England and, to this day, a strong and active association continues. The date of the school’s foundation is believed to be 1723. In the 1830’s there was only an infant school built opposite the Green. In 1852 our Old School was erected in School Road providing education for infants and junior children. This was demolished some years ago to make way for new housing. The present new school was opened in 1968 and in 1999 and 2006 underwent further development.
Messy Church is held in school on the third Saturday of each month from 4.00 until 6.00pm.